With a long history of being involved in supporting other non-profit initiatives, Alessi is proud to be associated with (RED) and has a heightened awareness of the impact every contribution makes. Alessi contributes a portion of the purchase price from the (PRODUCT)RED Special Edition “Anna G.” corkscrew to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, which can provide 11 days of life-saving HIV medication. For the Special Edition, “Anna G.” is adorned in a red dress with a white heart embraced by (RED)’s brackets on the front, and the (PRODUCT)RED logo at the bottom of the back side. A best seller since it was first produced in 1994, the Anna G. corkscrew is a tongue-in-cheek homage to a real woman. Her smiling face has become something of a cult figure over the years, giving birth (so to speak) to a rich family of objects for the table and kitchen in a wide range of materials.
- Renowned for applying new, fun designs to everyday household items, Alessi has done it again with this corkscrew
- Alessandro Mendini designed the opener in 1994, modeled after his girlfriend and fellow designer, Anna Gili
- Crafted from chrome-plated zamak; turn the head to insert the screw and lower the arms to uncork
- Available in a choice of colors; makes a perfect gift for newlyweds and new homeowners
- Measures 2-3/4 inches wide by 9-1/2 inches long and is easy to spot in any drawer