When it comes time to register for wedding gifts, many couples feel overwhelmed by the task. Maybe they aren’t sure exactly what they need or are afraid of looking greedy if they register for too much. If you’re in a similar situation, here are some tips about how to put together a wedding registry that your guests will find helpful.
- Register early. Some people will want to send gifts as soon as you announce your engagement, so having a registry from the get-go is helpful.
- Register at two or three locations, but no more. Your family and friends will appreciate being able to have options, but you don’t want to overwhelm them either. If you register at an online store, you don’t have to worry about whether there’s a location near your guests.
- Speaking of options, make sure to register for things at various price points so that guests can shop within the budget that they are comfortable with. Don’t be afraid to put some more expensive items on the registry, but have other things to choose from as well.
- It’s up to you whether you want to completely update your whole kitchen, but even if you choose not to, consider upgrading any dated or worn kitchen items that you already have, especially if you know you’ll use them a lot in the coming years.
- Don’t be afraid to add some “wish list” items. It’s not always about being 100% practical. If you’ve been dreaming of something for your home, let people know. If something doesn’t seem “traditional,” but represents something you enjoy doing as a couple, it’s definitely still appropriate for your registry.